- 2009 Healthcare MBA program atBaldwinWallaceCollege
- 1987 Master of Science in Nursing –KentStateUniversity(CNS – Medical Surgical)
- 1983 Bachelor of Science in Nursing –KentStateUniversity
- 1975 Diploma – Fairview General Hospital School of Nursing
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist – core, ANCC, 2010
- Current Certificate of Authority from State ofOhioas Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Certification in Nursing Administration, ANCC, 2007
- 2011-present, Senior Director for Ambulatory Nursing, Cleveland Clinic
- Responsible for ambulatory nursing practice throughout Cleveland Clinic. Work in collaboration with various institutes, hospitals to establish compliance with ambulatory practice guidelines and standards.
- 2004-2011, Director, Advanced Practice Nursing, Cleveland Clinic
- Responsible for the practice of more than 500 advanced practice nurses (CRNP, CNS, CNM, CRNA) in a variety of sites at Cleveland Clinic.
- June 1999-March 2004, Director of Ambulatory Clinic Nursing, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Responsible for the nursing practice for all ambulatory nursing sites at CCF (approximately 1,500 nursing personnel at more than 65 sites).
- American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing
- National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Council of Health Care Advocacy
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Bahouth,MN; Ackerman, M; Ellis, EF; Fuchs, J; Thomson-Smith, C (in publication).
- Centralized leadership models for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses: A shared lived experience amongst large academic medical centers. Journal of American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Fuchs, J. (1994). Case study of the anemic patient: Epoetin alfa – Focus on inflammation. ANNA Journal, 21, 78-81.
- Fuchs, J., et al (1990). A prospective randomized study of peritoneal catheter exit site care. Dialysis & Transplantation, 19, 81-84.
- Fuchs, J. (1989). Kidney Dialysis – What are your treatment options? A booklet on ESRD and treatment options for patients and their families. Cleveland Clinic Foundation,Cleveland,OH.
- Fuchs, J. (1988). Patient’s perceptions of stressors on hemodialysis and CAPD. ANNA Journal, 15, 282-286.
- Fuchs, J. (1987). Use of decisional control to combat powerlessness. ANNA Journal, 14, 109-111.
- Fuchs, J. & Schreiber, M. (1985). Using computer data to examine peritonitis and peritoneal catheter complications. ANNA Journal, 12, 98-102.
- Update on APN Law. Presentation given at Ohio State University APN Conference, October, 2011.
- Utilization of an APRN Satisfaction Survey to Assess & Improve APRN Practice, Poster presented at the AANP Meeting inPhoenix, 2010.
- Credentialing & Privileging of Advanced Practice Nurses, Presentation given to CWRU APN Students, May 2010.
- Physician Perception of APN Role and Function, Poster presented at the OAAPN Statewide meeting, Nov. 2009.
- Roadmap to Establishing your APN Practice, Presentation to Ursuline College APN students, May 2009.
- The Role of Peer Review in the APN Privileging Process, Poster presented at theAmericanAcademy of Nurse Practitioner Conference,Nashville,Tenn., 2009.
- The APRN Directors Role in the Support and Development of APRN Practice in a University or Large Hospital System, Poster presented at the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Conference, Nashville, Tenn., 2009.
- Nurses as Political Change Agents,Cleveland Clinic Cardiac Conference, 2009.
- Development of an APN Practice Council, Poster presented at the AANP Conference, 2008.
- Nurses as Political Change Agents,Cleveland Clinic Cardiac Conference, Sept. 2009.
- A model for extending physician specific process measures to advanced practice nurses, Poster presented at American Medical Informatics Association,Washington,DC, 2006.
- OAAPN: Excellence in Political Action Award, 2006
- Linnea Henderson Award for Academic Excellence, 1987
- Board of Directors, Council of Health Care Advocacy, 2011
- Chair of OAAPN Schedule II Subcommittee, 2006-2011
- Member of Ohio Nursing Summit, 2009
- Member of Governor’s Task Force: State Quality Improvement Initiative, 2009